There are several reasons to do just that today.
- One of the great racehorses of all time was born today in 1957. Kelso won eight of nine starts in 1960 and once won eleven straight races. The only thoroughbred racehorses considered better than Kelso in the twentieth-century are Secretariat, Man ‘o War, and Citation.
- Dance instructor icon Arthur Murray was born today in 1895. Sing now…”Ten cents a dance…”
There are other interesting happenings to celebrate today.
- Today in 1964, the Beatles (Paul McCartney’s former band) held the top five positions on Billboard’s Hot 100 Pop Chart. I think they did well that year.
- Los Angeles was incorporated as a city today in 1850 and Microsoft was founded today in 1975. Wonder which one is bigger?
- It’s Independence Day in Senegal.
- Scott Rolen, third-baseman for the Cincinnati Reds, was born today in 1975. I had to include this – it’s opening day!
Drink 4cast 4 2day
Today in 1147 marked the first historical record of Moscow. That gives me a chance to kick up my heels one more time today with a;
2 oz. Grays Peak Vodka
½ oz. Lime Juice
4-6 oz. Ginger Beer
Squeeze the lime juice into a collins glass (or a Moscow Mule mug) and drop in the spent shell.
Add 2-3 ice cubes.
Pour in the vodka.
Fill with cold ginger beer (not ginger ale, though I suppose ginger ale would do).
Serve with a stirrer.
Kick ‘em! …and let’s play ball!